Do you have frozen pipes?
Proper insulation on pipes is very important to a business. Water expands when frozen, inside pipes, this can lead to warping, and ruptures. These are a couple of ways to tell if your pipes are frozen:
- Pipes Covered in ice:
- Exposed pipes covered in ice are most likely likely frozen on the inside.
- Low water pressure:
- As water expands when solidifying, it will cause low water pressure and can rupture pipes when the pressure at a blockage is too high.
- Unusual sounds from pipes:
- Rapid changes in the temperature of pipes will cause warping and eventually burst, if you hear strange sounds, call a professional immediately.
What can be done about frozen pipes?
There are several steps you can take before calling a certified professional, however, care needs to be taken, as improper thawing can still cause ruptures due to drastic changes in temperatures inside piping.
- Apply Heat
- Use a hair dryer, space heater or warm towels where the blockage is most noticeable.
- Keep water pressure on while thawing
- Warming pipes along with running water will cause the ice to break into pieces small enough to pass through the pipes till a good temperature is reached.
Why Go Rooter Emergency Plumbers?
- 24/7 Support
- Friendly, honest service
- Well informed professionals
- Licensed, Bonded and Insured
- Guaranteed Workmanship